Sergeant, University Police Department
California State University, San Marcos
California State University San Marcos seeks two Police Sergeants for the University Police Department. Under general direction of a commanding officer, the Sergeant is assigned primary responsibility as a working first line supervisor, in addition to general law enforcement and specialized work assignments performed by Police Officers and Corporals.
• High School diploma or equivalent and graduation from a Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) academy and possession of an Intermediate P.O.S.T. Certificate
• Minimum of three years active law enforcement experience, with at least two years full-time experience as a patrol officer
• Successful completion of initial probationary period as an officer • Completion of a P.O.S.T. Supervisory Program must be completed within two years of appointment, or as scheduling allows
• Must successfully meet and pass a pre-employment medical examination, drug screen, psychological examination, polygraph examination and background investigation prior to appointment
• Possession of an Advanced or Supervisory P.O.S.T. Certificate
• Prior law enforcement experience in a college, university or academic environment, specifically with the CSU or UC system
• Prior experience as law enforcement supervisor
• Field Training Officer (FTO) experience
Salary and Position Status
• Opening Date: August 3, 2019
• Two (2) full-time probationary positions with benefits
• Salary Range: $5,688 – $8,750/month – salary commensurate with the background and experience of the individual selected.
• This position is “open until filled” with a first review of applications beginning August 26, 2019. For assurance of full consideration, applications and supporting material should be submitted by 11:59pm on August 25, 2019.
• The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
California State University San Marcos is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified
applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or
ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status. For more information and to apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/1561867
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.